Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Logo Design: C2 101

During one of my Master's courses we had to create a concept for a web application that either currently existed or was not yet developed. I wanted it to be interesting to college students and people who would actually make good use of its functions. I couldn't think of anything better or useful than a cooking blog where college students could post simple recipes for other students and friends (we all remember what it was like having to cook in college...simple and less dishes was the way to go or delivery).


Continuing to develop the application I decided it would be a great idea to have it be interactive, allowing users to create a personal profile and be integrated with social networking sites.


Before getting to far into the development stage I wanted to create a simple logo for the cooking blog that would attract to my target audience. After many sketches, digital comps, and showing it to some friends I came up with the following design. The color scheme is subtle and not so over powering since my idea was to make the main focus of design be on typography.





No comments:

Post a Comment